Monday, June 12, 2006

Luke & Han's Bogus Journey

EXPERIMENT #117
"LUKE & HAN'S BOGUS JOURNEY"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

The soundtrack to Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. This was the first CD I ever owned. A few years ago I sold it on eBay, but about two days after I mailed it out a friend of mine, completely unaware of my history with the Bogus Journey soundtrack, bought me another copy just for shits and giggles. I took this as a sign that I am never to be without this disc, as it holds the key to solving some unknown mystery that lies ahead of me on the road of life. Plus, that Primus song really kicks ass.

SYNCHS

- A drumroll in "Battle Stations" coincides with the explosion that convinces C-3PO to get into the escape pod.

- The line "dream of a new day, I do" in "Dream of a New Day" coincides with Luke playing with his T-16, dreaming about getting off Tatooine.

- The line "I hear a distant wailing cry" in "Go To Hell" coincides with Luke and Obi-Wan hearing the Tusken Raider battle cries off in the distance.

NOTES

That was non, non-non, non heinous! That's Billspeak for bad. There was one more synch that apparently involved a Jawa, but once again my awful handwriting has gotten the best of me.

By the way, the Bill & Ted movies are tied for third place on my list of top ten favorite movies of all-time. Would you like to see the entire list? Of course you would, this is a list-obsessed culture we're living in.

JG2's Top Ten Favorite Movies of All-Time:

1. Star Wars/The Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi
2. Ghostbusters
3. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure/Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey
4. Jaws
5. Dracula (1931)
6. Phantom of the Opera (1925)
7. Rock n' Roll High School
8. Batman (1989)
9. Tommy Boy
10. Strange Brew

Honorable mentions: The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, Halloween, Pulp Fiction, Army of Darkness, Coming to America, Half Baked.

You'll notice the absence of any Corey Haim/Corey Feldman vehicles. For a long time, License to Drive was tied with Strange Brew for the number ten slot. Then one day in 2004 I watched both movies back-to-back, and the onscreen magic between Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas pretty much nuked the Coreys out of my top eighty.

Sorry, Feldhaim, but now you must dwell somewhere in the low hundreds, sharing company with Cop and a Half and Heartbeeps. Don't worry, though; you're still higher up than all three Star Wars prequels.

Dude, when I first typed Rick Moranis, I typed "Rock Moranis." That would be an awesome name for a band. Rock Moranis with their debut record Louis Tully Gets Medieval On Your Ass. I'm so gonna form that band tomorrow.

Wait a minute, I'm already in a band. We played last night, even. How quickly I forget. Well, that explains the complete exhaustion I'm feeling at the moment. To quote Frankenstein (as written by Jamie Shields), me need coffee.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that primus song is aweosm
i love tommy the cat

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Jim, that last comment was not mine.


-Shane-

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, why on earth is Bill and Ted only third on the list!!!! It should at least be second. Come on "Excellent!" way beats "Who ya gonna call!".

7:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm, time to try Anakin and Obi-wan's Bogus Journey.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home