Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Droids in the Attic

EXPERIMENT #17
"DROIDS IN THE ATTIC"


FILM

The Empire Strikes Back (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Toys in the Attic, Aerosmith's third album. Spawned the mega-classics "Walk This Way" and "Sweet Emotion." The title is supposedly slag for insanity and/or drug abuse. As usual, I started Toys after the second drumroll in the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

SYNCHS

- "Sweet Emotion" begins the moment Leia kisses Luke.

- The Probot explosion sequence coincides with the first heavy part of "Sweet Emotion."

- "You See Me Crying" begins to play as it's clear that the Rebels are losing the Battle of Hoth.

NOTES

This made Al Capone's vault look like "The Arsenio Hall Show."

Is it messed up that I capitalized "Battle of Hoth," like it's some kind of real-life historical event? I think it's easier to do that than to refer to it as "that fight on the ice planet between the good guys and the bad guys." Hey, maybe I'm wrong here, but "Battle of Hoth" just rolls off the tongue.

People bust my chops about this from time to time. The other night, I was playing Battlefront at Drew Mack's house, and I kept commenting on all the weird locales you can play through, and Drew was like, "Man, you talk about all this Star Wars junk like it actually happened!"

Well, I'm sorry, Mr. Drew Mack, and I'm sorry, America. I guess I forgot to tell you, but I'm kind of really into this Star Wars business. It's kind of my thing. I dig Luke Skywalker, I dig R5-D4, I dig Moff Jerjerrod, I dig the Battle of Hoth, and I really dig watching the original trilogy and popular albums to see if they synch up. That's who I am, and I make no apologies.

My name is Jim, and I have a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home