Friday, February 17, 2006

Me & My Droid

EXPERIMENT #36
"ME & MY DROID"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Ready to Die by the Notorious B.I.G. Released in 1994. Everyone and their grandmother will tell you this is the album that revitalized East Coast rap. Contains the hit single "Big Poppa," not to mention several other songs about robbery, sex, and how things are better/worse than they used to be.

As usual, I started the album right after the second drumroll in the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

SYNCHS

- The line "all this walking is hurting my feet" in "Gimme The Loot" is heard as Threepio is walking through the desert.

- The coughing at the end of "Gimme The Loot" starts the moment Artoo is shot by the Jawa.

- Uncle Owen is onscreen when we hear the lyric "I don't want no cryin' at my funeral" in "Ready to Die." When Luke discovers Owen's charred remains later in the movie, he doesn't cry.

- We hear the line "I don't want to live no more" in "Everyday Struggles" as Luke is looking upon the charred remains of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru.

- The line "I had the master plan, I'm in the caravan on my way to Maryland" in "Everyday Struggles" is heard as Luke, Obi-Wan, and the droids are seen cruising in the landspeeder towards Mos Eisley.

- The line "throw the keys to Lil' Cease" in "Big Poppa" is heard as we see Luke handing something to the alien he sells his landspeeder to.

NOTES

Wow, another one for the history books, huh? I'm gonna go call P. Diddy right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home