Thursday, February 09, 2006

Warning (Darth Vader's Coming)

EXPERIMENT #30
"WARNING (DARTH VADER'S COMING)"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Warning, the 2000 effort that showcased Green Day at their most relaxed. Slower tempos, less distortion, and tons of harmonica. Very Pogues-ish. Not my cup of tea.

As usual, I started the album right after the second drumroll in the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

SYNCHS

- The air raid siren in "Warning" can be heard around the time the Tantive IV gets hit by the Star Destroyer.

- The line "you know I will obey" in "Blood, Sex, and Booze" can be heard as Darth Vader makes his entrance.

- The weird space sound at the end of "Blood, Sex and Booze" coincides with the escape pod launching.

- Billie Joe (or somebody) says, "Alright! Hey!" in "Fashion Victim" when the Jawa pops up and shoots R2-D2.

- The lyric "riding on the night train" in "Castaway" is heard as the droids are seen aboard the sandcrawler, which is rolling over the desert plains of Tatooine at dusk.

- The camera is on Luke, who is lying on the ground after the Tusken Raider attack, when we hear the line "I'm not the one that's gonna die" in "Jackass."

- Luke is reacting to the news that Darth Vader killed his father when the music drops out in "Waiting" and we hear the line "I've been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come."

- The Imperial guy on the Death Star Vader chokes is gasping for air when we hear the line "give me something that I need" in "Macy's Day Parade."

- Obi-Wan is explaining to Luke that the sandcrawler was attacked by stormtroopers and not Tusken Raiders as we hear the line "then I realized what it took to tell the difference between thieves and crooks" in "Macy's Day Parade."

NOTES

I can't think straight after all that harmonica. I was half expecting Darth Vader to sit down at that table on the Death Star and whip out a mouth harp. God, harmonicas drive me nuts. Except when I'm playing one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home