Friday, March 03, 2006

Dark Side of the Sail Barge

EXPERIMENT #46
"DARK SIDE OF THE SAIL BARGE"


FILM

Return of the Jedi (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd, an album we already know synchs up with Star Wars in twenty-two significant ways (click here to see how) and The Empire Strikes Back in ten (click here or scroll down a bit).

As usual, I started this bad boy right after the second drumroll in the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

SYNCHS

- The explosion in "On the Run" coincides with Bib Fortuna's first appearance.

- Oola falls into the Rancor pit as we hear the lyric "the song is over" in "Time."

- The woman who sings rather enthusiastically during "The Great Gig in the Sky" quiets down as the film cuts to late at night when everyone's sleeping in Jabba's throne room.

- It sounds like the aforementioned woman is singing, "Han!" as the camera focuses upon Han Solo's frozen carbonite body during his rescue.

- The line "there's room for you inside" in "Us and Them" is heard as Luke is looking down at the Sarlacc.

- During the line "down and out" in "Us and Them": we see one guy fall into the Sarlacc as we hear "down," and then another one during "out."

NOTES

That bit with Luke and the Sarlacc was great. I wonder just how much room was in the Sarlacc. How many stunt guys do you think could fit in there? Two? Five? One? I need to do some research on this. The curiosity is killing me.

Oh, and I'm feeling much better now, thank you. I took a few laps around the block, and that seemed to clear up all the whirring and clicking noises in my head. I'll have to remember to keep my prog rog intake to one serving a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home