Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Rocket to Alderaan

EXPERIMENT #53
"ROCKET TO ALDERAAN"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Rocket to Russia, the third Ramones album, and the second they put out in 1977. Chock full of classics. "Cretin Hop," "Rockaway Beach," "I Don't Care," "Teenage Lobotomy," "We're A Happy Family," and "Sheena is a Punk Rocker," to name a few. Also contains the first honest-to-God Ramones stinker: "Locket Love." Yeah right, like any of the Ramones ever owned a locket. I would now like to introduce my theory that Joey's mom wrote that song.

As usual, I started the record right after the second drumroll in the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

SYNCHS

- The Rebel soldier Darth Vader is choking dies at the same time we hear the line "someone had to pay the price" in "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow."

- "I Don't Care" is playing as R2-D2 decides to go his own way on Tatooine (he doesn't care what C-3PO says).

- The ending refrain of "I Can't Give You Anything" (which is "I can't give you anything") is heard as Uncle Owen denies Luke the opportunity to transfer his application to the Academy before the next harvest.

NOTES

Looks like the Rocket to Russia was a dud! Don't bother hitchin' a ride to "Rockaway Beach" - it's closed! "We're A Happy Family?" Not today we ain't! Oh, I could do this all day. Too bad I have this job now and they expect me to do actual work while I'm sitting in front of a computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home