Monday, March 27, 2006

See Her Tonight (Princess Leia)

EXPERIMENT #61
"SEE HER TONIGHT (PRINCESS LEIA)"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

The Damned's first album, Damned Damned Damned. Often credited as the first U.K. punk release. A rollicking thirty minutes of fuzzy guitars, catchy lyrics, and totally insane drumming. Seriously. Scabies just pounds and pounds and pounds like a caveman, stopping every now and then to do a ridiculously long roll. Unbelievable he didn't die of a heart attack while recording this one.

Speaking of drumrolls, I started Damned Damned Damned right after the second one in the 20th Century Fox fanfare, just like I usually do.

SYNCHS

- The chorus of "Stab Your Back" is heard as C-3PO complains about R2-D2 "tricking" him into going the wrong way.

- "Feel the Pain" is playing as the Jawas incapacitate and capture R2-D2.

- "See Her Tonight" plays through the scene where Luke discovers and stares at Princess Leia's hologram.

NOTES

Off to a great start this week, huh? That was sarcasm, by the way. Kind of hard to get that across on this here Internet from time to time, so I figured I'd just come out and tell you.

So, yeah, um, not a lot here. This was one of those experiments where I was kind of zoning out during the last two songs, wondering what I was going to wear to work tomorrow and why bears hibernate. That's just the way it goes sometimes, you know? I've said it before and I'll say it again - they all can't be winners, folks.

Folks! Hey, folks! [claps hands]

That was my hilarious Chuck Barris impression. I hope you enjoyed it.

I still have no idea what I'm going to wear tomorrow. Lime shirt with the striped yellow tie? Not feelin' it, but there ain't much else in that closet right now. God forbid I do some laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home