Friday, May 26, 2006

Another Star Wars

Before we get started here, I wanted to let you folks know that I'm having another theme election for next week. If you don't care about any possible correlations between Stevie's second Songs CD and Star Wars, skip ahead to the second paragraph of the notes section. Read up on the contenders, cast your vote, and check back tomorrow to see if your theme won.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

EXPERIMENT #106
"ANOTHER STAR WARS"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Disc Two of the Songs in the Key of Life album by Stevie Wonder. Features "Isn't She Lovely," "Black Man," and "Another Star." Not as good as the first disc, in my opinion. The songs on this one go on and on and on...and just when you think you're hearing them fade out, they get louder and go on for another two minutes. To quote Bill Shatner, I can't get behind that.

SYNCHS

- The line "you brought some joy inside my tears" in "Joy Inside My Tears" is heard as C-3PO spots the sandcrawler that rescues him from the harsh Tatooine desert.

- R5-D4 explodes as the breakdown begins in "Black Man."

- The line "why can't it be everlasting, like the sun that always shines?" in "If It's Magic" is heard as Luke stares into the Tatooine sunset.

NOTES

Man, this was the L.A. Clippers of synch experiments! Am I right or am I right? What's that? You're kidding me. Ah, crap. Well, just pretend it's last year, and that joke will make you shoot milk out your nose.

Okay, time to figure out what next week's theme. Since I'm such a groovy guy, I'm going to let you, the loyal GSWSP readers, vote again. Here are your choices:

"Totally Rockin' Greatest Hits & Best Ofs" would be a week featuring five greatest hits/best of CDs from artists I never took the time to really get into: Pantera, Kiss, ZZ Top, Faith No More, and Jimi Hendrix.

"Totally Rockin' Boob Tube Jamz" would be a week featuring five of the many television-related CDs I own. I'd do one comp of classics, one of early nineties cable crap, one with all punk bands covering TV themes, and the two "Simpsons" CDs I own (neither of which are Simpsons Sing the Blues or The Yellow Album).

The future's in your hands. Cast your vote by leaving a comment on this post. I'll tally all the votes at midnight tonight and announce the winner sometime tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home