Monday, May 22, 2006

Darth Eat Darth

EXPERIMENT #102
"DARTH EAT DARTH"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Let There Be Rock by AC/DC, released in June of '77. Features such classic cuts as the title track and "Whole Lotta Rosie." 'Twas the first AC/DC album to feature the classic pointy red logo. Currently holds the distinction of being the very first CD in my vast alphabetized collection. On the other end? ZZ Top's Greatest Hits, of course.

SYNCHS

- The very first "dog eat dog" in "Dog Eat Dog" is heard as Darth Vader really starts choking the Rebel guy aboard the Tantive IV.

- The line "with a flick of my knife I can change your life" in "Problem Child" is heard as Luke scrapes the gunk off of R2-D2 with what appears to be some kind of pen knife (not sure if that gunk is the actual carbon scoring Luke mentions; I've never been too clear on the specifics of that droid affliction).

- The beginning of "Overdose," with its somewhat maudlin riffing, coincides nicely with Luke staring at the Tatooine sunset; the song builds as our hero walks into his home, picking up ever so slightly as he realizes something is amiss, and it really kicks in right as Luke runs outside to search the horizon for R2-D2.

NOTES

Let There Be Rock? More like Let There Be Nothing! There may be a "Whole Lotta Rosie," but there ain't a whole lotta synchs! Yeah, I got a problem, child, and I ain't talkin' 'bout that kid with the bow tie!

Changing gears here, I feel I need to address the whole Star Wars DVD controversy once again, as it's looking more and more like we the fans are getting the shaft on this upcoming release. I'm going to wait until later, though. I need to collect my thoughts, and as of right now, a few of them are harder to find than a Frank Thomas gold card.

Man, remember when that was what life was all about? Finding the Frank Thomas gold card? If you got one of those suckers, hot damn! You could get just about any other card from any one of your friends that you wanted. I remember one time I got a Frank Thomas gold card...I traded it for six Honus Wagners, three Mickey Mantles, the "Turn Back the Clock" George Brett-Pine Tar card, AND the Mike Scott where you can see the jar of Vaseline in his pocket. That was the happiest day of my life, I tellsya.

Speaking of Honus Wagner, that guy is dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home