Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Givin' the Darth a Bone

EXPERIMENT #114
"GIVIN' THE DARTH A BONE"


FILM

The Empire Strikes Back (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Back in Black by AC/DC. Released July 25, 1980. Their first record with singer Brian Johnson, whose herniated delivery would win over rock fans initially suspicious of the late Bon Scott's replacement. Back in Black features such radio staples as "Hell's Bells," "Shoot to Thrill," "You Shook Me All Night Long," and the iconic title track. Interesting fact: I hated this album when I first heard it. Now, I think it's pretty good.

SYNCHS

- The phrase "goods on the left" in "Hell's Bells" is heard as the probot moves to the left of the screen after emerging from its crater on Hoth.

- The phrase "get under your skin" in "Shoot to Thrill" is heard as Han and Leia argue in the Echo Base corridor.

- An Imperial walker begins to fall over as the line "gonna hit the ground" is heard in "Have a Drink on Me."

- The chorus of "Shake a Leg," which is "shake a leg," is heard as Han, Leia, and Threepio scramble to get onboard the Millennium Falcon during the Imperial invasion of Echo Base.

NOTES

"Shoot to Thrill?" More like "Shoot to BORE!" Yeah, "You Shook Me All Night Long" - WITH BOREDOM! "Shake a Leg?" More like...um, okay, I'm out of jokes.

Anyone else remember when that montage of Revenge of the Sith clips set to "Back in Black" was leaked to the Internet? I'm sure you can still find it online somewhere. It was put together by Lucasfilm and shown at some comic book convention. It was kind of corny, but not as corny as half the stuff that ended up in the actual movie.

General Grievous? R2-D2's Inspector Gadget-like assortment of weaponry? That weird-ass thing Ewan McGregor rides? Ian McDiarmid's "no, no, NEEEEOOOO!!!" line? At times I wasn't sure if I was watching a movie or a Pokémon fanatic's wet dream.

Notice how I put the accent mark over the "e" in Pokémon? I finally learned how to do that after fifteen years of typing on computers. I can do umlauts, too, as seen in Motörhead and Mötley Crüe. I owe it all to my new job. Thanks, new job. You're the best. Later we should get ice cream. Then we should make out. Our tongues will be all cold, but it will still feel good. I love you, new job.

My interview with the Bad Religion Podcast hasn't been posted yet. I'll let you know for sure when it is. Rock over London, rock on Deltona. Wheaties, the breakfast of champions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home