Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Leia Than Zero

EXPERIMENT #119
"LEIA THAN ZERO"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

The Less Than Zero soundtrack. They don't come much more diverse than this - Roy Orbison, Slayer, the Bangles, and Public Enemy, to name a few. If this is what a coke high sounds like, I'm never touching the stuff. Sorry, Poison. Besides, I like my nose the way it is now - not spewing blood and mucous and pieces of my brain.

SYNCHS

- The line "life fades away" in "Life Fades Away" is heard as the Rebel soldier Darth Vader is choking dies.

- The line "you say you wanna go for a spin" in "Rock and Roll All Nite" coincides with a shot of the escape pod spinning down towards Tatooine.

- The opening lines of "You and Me (Less Than Zero)" coincide with a shot of the droids (those lines are "you and me, we were there, through the best and worst of the years").

- The line "oh, won't you come with me?" in "In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida" coincides with R2-D2 rolling towards C-3PO and Luke after the robot auction.

- Obi-Wan is getting out Luke's father's lightsaber as the line "I can show you what you been missin'" is heard in "How to Love Again."

NOTES

Not quite less than zero, but pretty close. Oh, snizzle, I went thizzle. I'd go on, but the demons of yesterday's fruit drinks are summoning me to the urinal. Oh Devil, why dost thou tempt me with twenty-four ounce cups? You are wicked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home