Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Death Star Rock City

EXPERIMENT #164
"DEATH STAR ROCK CITY"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

The Very Best of Kiss. They finally got me here. The previous six Kiss greatest hits compilations I could easily turn a blind eye to, but there was no way I could resist this 2002 release. "Detroit Rock City," "I Love It Loud," and "God Gave Rock n' Roll To You II" all on one disc? Well played, Gene and Paul. I accept this defeat and gracefully turn my $9.99 plus tax over to you.

SYNCHS

- The line "you know she's gonna leave you well done" in "Hotter Than Hell" is heard as the Jawa shoots R2-D2 in the canyon on Tatooine.

NOTES

Yeah, I know Kiss is supposed to be written entirely in capital letters. I'm not gonna do it, though. That right there symbolizes my love/hate relationship with them. I'll admit to liking a few of their songs, I'll admit I dig the whole vibe they were going for, but I ain't about to bow down like a slave and follow all of the Kiss Kommandments. They can capitalize their own letters. 'Nuff said.

FYI - tomorrow's experiment? Up well before 9 P.M. I promise. Cross my heart and hope to appear in the sequel to Snakes on a Plane.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful hombre, I heard that they'll sacrifice all the VH1 guest spots to the snakes in SNOAP2.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home