Friday, August 25, 2006

September Gonks

EXPERIMENT #172
"SEPTEMBER GONKS"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Radio City, allegedly crucial power pop release from Big Star. It's alright, I guess. People have been trying to sell me on this band for years. Finally sitting down and listening to this album was more anticlimactic than, uh, well, The Phantom Menace! Okay, that's a lie. I knew The Phantom Menace was going to be bad before I even saw it.

SYNCHS

- C-3PO is turning around in a circle looking for R2-D2 as the line "tryin' to see you" is heard in "O My Soul."

- The line "don't like to see your face" in "Life is White" coincides with Darth Vader choking that Rebel soldier.

- The line "why don't you come back" in "Way Out West" coincides with C-3PO walking toward R2-D2, who is starting to go in the opposite direction, on the surface of Tatooine.

- "What's Going Ahn" starts as the Jawas begin spying on R2-D2 in the canyon.

- The phrase "oh goodbye" in "What's Going Ahn" is heard as R2-D2 is shot by the Jawa.

- The line "so I moan" in "Mod Lang" coincides with Luke's whine about going to the Toschi Station.

- Luke is complaining about never getting off of Tatooine as the line "how long can this go on?" is heard in "Mod Lang."

- Princess Leia's hologram appears in Obi-Wan's hut as the line "finest girl in the world" is heard in "I'm in Love with a Girl."

- Luke is seen staring at Leia's hologram as the phrase "I didn't know" is heard in "I'm in Love with a Girl" (i.e. he didn't know that hot babe was his sister!).

NOTES

Yeah, nine synchs, Big Star, Alex Chilton, genius, Greedo, whatever. There are more important issues at hand.

I'd like to observe a moment of silence for Pluto right now, which lost its planetary status yesterday after seventy-six years.

...

I think the following video best sums up how we, the people of Earth, feel now that we live in an eight planet solar system:



I know that's how I feel.

Pluto, I don't care about your eccentric orbit or your oversized moon. You'll always be the ninth planet in my heart. Daddy loves you, yes he does. Now go on and git before you make me cry, you trans-Neptunian rascal, you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home