Thursday, August 24, 2006

So Says Darth

EXPERIMENT #171
"SO SAYS DARTH"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Chutes Too Narrow by the Shins, the quirky New Mexico band that Zach Braff is totally into. I mean totally. I mean they totally changed his life, if we're to believe any of the dialogue in Garden State.

SYNCHS

- The line "it gets worse everytime we talk" in "Turn a Square" is heard as Luke and Owen begin discussing Luke's future.

- The line "forget about it, girl" in "Turn a Square" is heard as Owen tells Luke he has to stay on the farm for harvest.

- Luke is staring at the twin sunset after his argument with Owen as the line "I can't just stay the course" is heard in "Turn a Square."

NOTES

Chutes Too Narrow? More like Synchs Too Little! Am I right? AM I RIGHT?!?!?!

Drew Manning: thank you for your kind words about the GSWSP and your interesting theories about synchronization. I don't have any plans to mess around with the prequels as I'm not a big a fan of them and don't really care if anything synchs up with them, but that might change. I never used to drink coffee, and now I can't get through the week without it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home