Thursday, August 03, 2006

Vader Was a Friend of Mine

EXPERIMENT #156
"VADER WAS A FRIEND OF MINE"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Hot Fuss by the Killers. Vegas-based Depeche Modey rock band that lots of girls seem to dig. There are several different versions of this CD; evidently, I have the Michael Poley version. That is to say, my friend Michael Poley burned me a copy and neglected to tell me the tracks were slightly out of order. I'm assuming this was merely absent-mindedness on Michael's part (if it was intentional sabotage, it was pretty weak). At any rate, if you have Hot Fuss and want to try this one for yourself, just be sure to Poley-ize the tracklisting onto a blank CD or your iPod like this:

01. "Everything Will Be Alright"
02. "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine"
03. "Mr. Brightside"
04. "Smile Like You Mean It"
05. "Somebody Told Me"
06. "All These Things That I've Done"
07. "Andy, You're a Star"
08. "On Top"
09. "Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll"
10. "Believe Me Natalie"
11. "Midnight Show"

SYNCHS

- The appearance of the Star Wars logo coincides with the first "doo doo" the singer utters in "Everything Will Be Alright."

- The phrase "everything will be alright" is heard repeatedly during the opening battle between the Rebels and the Imperials.

- The line "I know my rights" is heard in "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine" as Princess Leia first begins to complain to Darth Vader about his invasion of her ship.

- The line "I just can't take this, I swear I'm telling the truth" is heard in "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine" as Leia firmly tells Vader she's on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan.

- The phrase "it's killing me" in "Mr. Brightside" coincides with R2-D2 getting shot by the Jawa.

- R5-D4 is taken away as the line "ready, let's roll into something new" in "Somebody Told Me."

- Luke stands up right after the line "I wanna stand up" is heard in "All These Things That I've Done."

- Uncle Owen is telling Luke he needs him during the upcoming harvest as the line "you know you gotta help me out" is heard in "All These Things That I've Done."

- Luke looks dejected after his uncle refuses to let him leave the farm as the line "don't put me on the back burner" is heard in "All These Things That I've Done."

- The Tusken Raiders pillaging Luke's landspeeder all look up as the keyboard noises begin in "On Top."

NOTES

The lead singer of the Killers is named Brandon Flowers. That's his God-given, Christian name, apparently. A guy named Flowers in a band called the Killers. There's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm too lazy to fish it out right now.

Sorry, Panic! and Fall Out Boy fans, but tomorrow I'm doing Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age. I've been wanting to do that one for a long time, and hey, whaddaya know? They're a newfangled band! Hooray!

Also, I know all the songs are in order on that CD. Oh snap, Pole. You just got disssssssssssssssssssed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home