Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Alderaan For a New Tomorrow

EXPERIMENT #179
"ALDERAAN FOR A NEW TOMORROW"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Anthem For a New Tomorrow by Screeching Weasel. A concept album that explores one man's psychosis following a series of failed relationships. This is the Weasel at their peak. Set the standard for all pop punk to follow, though none of it was ever this satisfying again. Sorry, Dr. Frank. In this critic's eyes, you are Chachi to Ben Weasel's Fonzie.

SYNCHS

- The droids are seen scurrying through the corridor of the Tantive IV while it's under attack as the phrase "I'm in my own world and it's falling apart" is heard repeatedly in "Falling Apart."

- Rebel soldiers are seen running away from stormtroopers who are attacking them as the line "everything around me is turning to shit and I don't know what to do" is heard in "Rubber Room."

- C-3PO kicks R2-D2 as the line "there's something vapid inside of you" is heard in "Peter Brady."

- The line "I am a robot" in "I, Robot" coincides with a shot of R2-D2.

- Luke is seen walking up to his Uncle, about to protest cleaning the droids because he has plans to visit the Toschi Station, as the line "you're not aware of all my plans" is heard in "Totally."

NOTES

I wrote a haiku about this experiment:

it did not synch well
the pain, the horror, the pain
five dollar voucher.

I didn't say it was a good haiku.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home