Friday, September 01, 2006

Clock Strikes Ten Parsecs

EXPERIMENT #177
"CLOCK STRIKES TEN PARSECS"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Disc two of Cheap Trick At Budokan: the Complete Concert, featuring the Trick's biggest hit ever, "I Want You To Want Me." According to das liner notes, the band had retired this song from their live set way before Budokan. Rick and the boys decided to whip it out at this concert, though, because they knew their Japanese fans really liked it. Best set list decision they ever made. It probably paid for all their houses.

SYNCHS

- "Need Your Love" gets faster as Darth Vader makes his grand first entrance.

- The crowd at Budokan cheers loudly as Princess Leia creeps out from the bowels of the Tantive IV to eye the stormtroopers looking for her.

- The line "I'll take real good care of you" in "High Roller" coincides with the Jawas picking up R2-D2 to carry him to the sandcrawler.

- The first lines of "I Want You To Want Me" ("I want you to want me, I need you to need me") coincide with C-3PO trying to convince Uncle Owen to buy him.

- "Goodnight" starts as Luke gets up and leaves the dinner table after his argument with Uncle Owen.

NOTES

Not so hot, but the "I Want You To Want Me" synch is tight. It's tight, it's bomb, it's the chick's dick. Yeah, I drop slang that don't even make sense. Jealous?

Three day weekend, WHOOOOO!! That means four day week next week. Perfect opportunity to do Screeching Weasel...'cause I only have four of their albums! Nyuk, nyuk!

9/05: Boogadaboogadaboogada!
9/06: Anthem for a New Tomorrow
9/07: Kill the Musicians
9/08: Television City Dream

Have a gravy Labor Day. Watch out for killer bees. They're here, and according to the Discovery Channel, they're pissed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home