Thursday, March 02, 2006

Rancor With A Gun

Before we get to today's experiment, I wanted to let all you "Saulte Your Shorts" fans know that the interview I did with Michael Ray Bower (a.k.a. Donkey Lips) has finally been posted at Ink19.com. Click here for a direct link. If you're into the DL and want to read about his encounters with Ronald Reagan, Steven Spielberg, and Jason Hervey, check it out. Thanks.

We now rejoin the Great Star Wars Synchronicity Project, already in progress.

EXPERIMENT #44
"RANCOR WITH A GUN"


FILM

Return of the Jedi (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

The Chronic by Dr. Dre, which I've already determined synchs up with Star Wars in twenty-eight significant ways (click here to see how). Not so much with The Empire Strikes Back, though (click here or scroll down to yesterday's post to see the dismal results there).

As usual, I started this bad boy right after the second drumroll in the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

SYNCHS

- "Fuck Wit Dre Day" starts right after the opening crawl disappears.

- A voice is heard in "The Day The Niggaz Took Over" saying "you still a slave" while the camera is on Oola, Jabba the Hutt's dancing slave girl.

- Warren G is repeatedly singing, "I can't be faded" in "Deeez Nuuuts" as we see Luke mid-tricking Bib Fortuna into giving him an audience with Jabba.

- The line "if I don't scrap, I'm gettin' stuck" is heard in "Lil' Ghetto Boy" as we see Luke facing off with the Rancor.

NOTES

Man, what a letdown. I felt like I was pannin' for gold in a rain puddle. Sheesh. I mean, this one was weaker than Nicole Richie after barfing up Thanksgiving dinner. Seriously! I got less results than Walter Mondale in the 1984 Presidential election! Walter Mondale!! Is this thing on? That was hilarious! He only carried Minnesota! Ah, you jerks! Go back to your "Growing Up Gotti!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home