Monday, July 10, 2006

(Sand People Have) No Class

EXPERIMENT #137
"(SAND PEOPLE HAVE) NO CLASS"


FILM

Star Wars (1995 "Faces" VHS).

ALBUM

Overkill by Motörhead, the charging 1979 album that brought the world heavy metal classics such as "Stay Clean," "No Class," "Damage Case," and the incredible title track. There's also a song called "Capricorn," which doesn't seem all that remarkable until you find out Overkill was recorded between December of 1978 and January of 1979 (thus making Capricorn its astrological sign). I'm not sure if that's really cool or really dippy, but I can tell you one thing: the music on the album isn't very Capricornish. Conservative? Practical? Yeah, you listen to that bass solo that comes out of nowhere in "Stay Clean" and you tell me Lemmy was being conservative or practical the day he recorded that. I dare ya.

SYNCHS

- The line "you're really just a jerk" in "(I Won't) Pay Your Price" is heard as Darth Vader is seen walking down the corridor of the Tantive IV after yelling at Princess Leia.

- The Jawa shuts off R-D2 as he begins to wobble towards Luke and C-3PO as the line "you don't belong with the crowd" is heard in "No Class."

- The line "get you smashed as a rat in some bar" in "Limb From Limb" is heard as C-3PO is seen on the ground, dazed after being smashed up by the Tusken Raiders.

NOTES

No overkill with Overkill then, right? Har har har.

Here's a link to something I wrote in a previous Motörhead experiment about the song "Overkill" and Star Wars. Maybe I should have saved that spiel for this experiment, but hey, what can I tell you? I was excited that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home